This is a simple and healthy recipe suitable for vegans and vegetarians. If you want thinner pancakes, you can try adding more liquid to the recipe. Anyway, better try it first then see how you like it. The ingredients I mention here will produce quite a lot of pancakes, but if you need a smaller serving, just divide all the ingredient amount by 3.
Here are the ingredients:
- Flour (wholegrain), 1 1/2 cup.
- Baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg, grated 1/4 tsp
- Soy milk, 1 1/2 cup.
- Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- Molasses (or other liquid sweetener), 1 tbsp
- Bananas, medium size, 3 pcs.
- Walnuts, 1/2 cup.
OK, Here Is the Homemade Banana Pancake Recipe
1. Take a medium bowl and mix the first 6 ingredients in it.
2. Mash the bananas separately until they become a puree, and then add this puree to the bowl with the other 6 ingredients.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except the walnuts, and mix the contents well.
4. Now add the crushed walnuts.
5. It’s time to make the pancakes now. If they turn to be too thick, add some water to the dough.
This recipe is pretty healthy, since it has no sugar and uses whole wheat flour. It is also suitable for vegans since it is a dairy free; and, of course, it is without eggs.